Braided Blizzard Crowl

26 Jan

I am happy to report that not only did I survive the Blizzard of 2016 here in the DC/Metro area of Maryland, but I have also completed some fun projects while at home with nowhere to go!

IMG_8490

One of my favorite projects was this Double Layered Braided Crowl! I found the free pattern here at the My Hobby Is Crochet blog after seeing a Tweet from @petalstopicots!

Thanks to this fun project, I even learned how to do some new stitches like the HDC in 3rd Loop, Front and Back Bar, simply by watching this video tutorial! So, while this crowl scarf was my first crochet project in at least 15 years, it was pretty much like riding a bike! My hands and fingers seemed to fall into place with the yarn and hook like I had never stopped crocheting, and the scarf was completed in what felt like no time at all. This project absolutely inspired me to pick up an old passion and play with yarn again!

What project have you picked up recently that rekindled your love for the craft?

Advertisements

11 Responses to “Braided Blizzard Crowl”

1. countrygirllifeonthefarm January 26, 2016 at 1:43 pm #

It’s absolutely gorgeous and looks like some 2016 Christmas gifts to me. Thanks!
    Rita

2. Knitters and Hookers January 26, 2016 at 2:13 pm #

Wow that is lovely! Will definitely be giving it a go. Thanks for sharing the pattern link 🙂

3. SewGiddy January 26, 2016 at 2:29 pm #

Thank you! It really was fun to make and the instructions were easy to follow. Thanks for stopping by and if/when you all make one, I would really love to see pics!

4. Naomi January 26, 2016 at 2:57 pm #

Looks great. Toying with the idea of learning to crochet this year… this helps!

• SewGiddy January 26, 2016 at 2:58 pm #

You should definitely do it!

5. creativelittlecwtch January 26, 2016 at 3:14 pm #

Gorgeous! Love it in grey too!

• SewGiddy January 26, 2016 at 6:24 pm #

Thanks! I may have to try one using the super soft yarn in a cream or beige color too! 🙂

6. norma January 26, 2016 at 3:34 pm #

Looks lovely!

7. Zoe January 28, 2016 at 7:20 pm #

This looks really good!! I am an avid crocheter but some days the dc stitch just gets to me for all its crochet-ness. I like the clean-ness of knitted pieces. Somehow you really managed to get this looking like a knit item. Love it!

• SewGiddy January 28, 2016 at 7:59 pm #

Thank you so much! …and thank you for stopping by! I have never EVER knitted a thing, but I believe I may have to try that craft too!